Barker Lions Selling American Flags!
To support the Olmsted Center, the Barker Lions are holding their first Flag Sale. These nylon flags made in Buffalo at the Olmsted Center by the sight impaired come in 5 sizes. The 3’ by 5’ flag is $29; the 4’ b 6’ flag is $37; the 5’ by 8’ flag is $58, the 6’by 10’ flag is $79 and the8’ by 12’ flag is $125. They can be ordered by emailing Roar@BarkerLions.org or calling 778-7001. Orders should be placed by October 31 so we can have them in time for Veterans Day.
Barker Lions Holding Annual Cheese Sale!
The Barker Lions Club is holding its annual cheese sale. Partnering with Kutter Cheese, they offer various cheese blocks. cheese balls, cheese spreads and meats. Orders are due to any Lions Club member by October 31. Delivery is November 15 at the Lions Building, just in time for Thanksgiving gatherings. The order form can be found at the link below.
Specifically, this year’s choices include Pepperoni Sticks, Cheese Curds, Summer Sausage, Cheddar Block, Swiss Cheese Block. The spreads are Beer Cheese, Steakhouse Onion, Sharp Cheddar, Garlic Cheddar and Horseradish Cheese. Port Wine and Sharp Cheddar cheese balls are also available. To place an order, contact any Barker Lion, call 778-7001 or email Roar@BarkerLions.org.
Download printable order form here.
Funds from this fundraiser are used for various community projects including providing eye glasses and hearing aids for those who cannot afford them and building ramps at homes for those with various physical challenges.
is the Lions Club? Lions Clubs International is the
service club organization with 1.3 million members
in 45,000 clubs in 200 countries and geographic
areas. Lions are men and women who volunteer their time
to humanitarian causes. Founded in 1917, the
association’s motto is “We Serve.” Lions are known
for their service to persons who are blind and visually impaired.
in a vast variety of projects and strive to make a difference
in their local community and in communities
During the past year, the Barker Lions:
We ask you to help us serve our community. We cannot do it alone. Could you please:
- Provided eye exams and glasses for those in our community who could not afford it.
- Provided hearing aids for those who could not afford them.
- Built ramps for those in our community with physical challenges
- Gave 4 deserving seniors college scholarships
- Held a Halloween party for elementary school students
- Continued our charter sponsorship of the Boy Scouts
- Sponsored a Little League team
- Donated to the food pantry and holiday baskets
- Provided funding for the Radio Reading Service, including placing radios in our community
- Maintained our community building so that many groups such as the American Legion, Boy Scouts and Lighthouse Optimists could use it
- Held pancake breakfasts to support the Music Boosters in their fundraising efforts
- Gave out the Robert Uplinger and Melvin Jones Awards to recognize those in our community, not necessarily Lions, for their contributions.
- Make a donation in any amount
- Join the Lions, for the fun and service
- Let us know about those who could benefit from our services.